Movement difficulties

• Does anybody else find it difficult to move the textboxes. After a while it just stops and refuses to move no matter what I click/how I drag. Also, when I adjust the sizes/rotation sometimes it doesn't de-select the image despite my efforts. It frustrates me until I have to delete the whole image and load it again. But then this happens again a few minutes late. Is this just me? This is frustrating to use. 

• Hi Annie,

The issues you are experiencing may be related to a bug that we are aware of that affects Mac users. The bug occurs as a result of using the Ctrl+click command on a Mac and can affect the resizing and repositioning of elements on the canvas and in the timeline. The workaround for this is to avoid using the Ctrl+click command in VideoScribe. The Ctrl+click command is used only to bring up the right click menu in VideoScribe and has no other function so it is easy to avoid using it. If you use the Ctrl+click command on a regular basis to bring up the right click menu you can set up your Apple mouse or trackpad to right click instead. Before you do this close VideoScribe down completely and when you open it again avoid Ctrl+click and you should see that the problem does not happen again.

Setting up your Apple mouse or trackpad to avoid the Ctrl-click issue

You can set your Apple mouse or trackpad up so that it right clicks thus avoiding issues related to using the ctrl button.

To set up your mouse:

• 1. Go to “System Preferences”
    • 2. Click “Mouse” or “Trackpad”

• 3. Click “Secondary click” so the checkbox has a tick in it

Your mouse or trackpad is now set up to right click.

Login to post a comment