How to absolutely uninstall videoscribe?

• I know how the regular uninstall works.

However, my copy is not working at all when importing svg images. I tried uninstalling and installing, but the problem does not go away. It seems it is stored somewhere in the memory.

I want to uninstall so as to not leave any trace at all, and then start all over again from absolute scratch.

Please help.

• 1) MAC, PC or ipad?
    2) Importing SVG images from the library or from another source?

3) If you are having trouble importing your own SVG images, you might want to attach one here that doesn't import. There is probably a problem with the way they are built.

4) Also, what did you use to make the SVGs?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• It's a PC.

I've used videoscribe for years, so I tried everything. I just want to uninstall it so that when the new installation is done, videoscribe starts brand new, without carrying over any of the past problems.

Anytime I try to insert an image, the program just crashes. I've uninstalled and installed many times, but the problem continues, because apparently uninstalling will not erase everything.

• Hi, I solved it by clearing the image history.

Thanks

• Hi Kent,

Great to hear that you got it working. Here is how to clear the library for any other users who may be experiencing the same issue.

What to do if library images in VideoScribe repeatedly will not preview or load.

Delete history in the 'Add image' window.

Open VideoScribeCreate a new scribe

Click 'Add an image to the canvas'Right click (CTRL + click on a mac) one of your recently used images

Select 'Clear history'

If this does not solve the issue, you will need to delete the VideoScribe image library from your computer.This will not delete any of your work.

Delete the image library – PC

Close VideoScribe if it's open

Go to C:/Users/[your username]/appdata/roaming/VideoScribeDesktop/Local Store -  [your username] refers to your PC profile name

Delete the folder ‘Library’ in Local Store. If you cannot find the files by searching ‘VideoScribeDesktop’, click ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Non indexed’ to find hidden files.

When you restart VideoScribe, ensure you have an active internet connection and it should download the latest libraries and load them successfully.

Delete the image library – Mac

Close VideoScribe if it's open

Navigate to /Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/VideoScribeDesktop/Local Store – [your username] refers to your Mac profile name

Delete the folder ‘Library’ in Local Store. If you cannot find the files by searching ‘VideoScribeDesktop’, click ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Non indexed’ to find hidden files

When you restart VideoScribe, ensure you have an active internet connection and it should download the latest libraries and load them successfully.

Login to post a comment