Is the thai language working in VideoScribe ? (RR-1602)

• Good afternoon,

We would like to use VideoScribe with the thai language and alphabet.

But as we have tried different kinds of font-imports, copy-paste, etc..., and read the community feeds, I think this is not possible without this time-consuming "SVG" procedure. Is it right ?

Can you suggest another possibility ? That would be great if we could do that easily and quickly !

If it is not yet possible, could you please add this feature in the next version of VideoScribe ? That would be very useful, and as it is already works with arabic, cyrillic, chinese..., I guess it should not be such a big difficulty to integrate it in thai ? 

Thank you ! :)

4 people like this idea
  • We are currently developing a complete overhaul of the font system. Part of this work will include more foreign language support so watch this space!

Until then I'd suggest hand drawing text as images as probably being the easiest way to go.

• Do you have any updates on the Thai font issue? How soon can we expect support for the Thai language?

• I don't think there is any new information yet.

Here is a review of the way you can make your text as SVG images (requires more effort but looks great if done right) in case you are interested: Make Any Font, Text or Equation Draw Well (2016)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thank you!

• Greetings, I am also interested in Thai support since many of the scribes I do for my company require translation to Thai, but the SVG process is not an option for me, because I have no idea of Thai and I just simply need to copy/paste from the files the translator sends me. 

Please, since you already support Hebrew, cyrillic (?), Arabic and other languages, could you please help me? 

• Updated version of the thread: Make Any Font, Text or Equation Draw Well (2017)

NOTE: You can do the first three steps and then save an SVG without any understanding of the language that you have copy.pasted.

NOTE: The only option easier than that, is to copy/paste your text into any image editing program and save it as a jpg or png.

those options will probably not "draw" very well, but they would be fine for "move-in"

NOTE: in that same thread you will also see Otto's post about his program that makes text SVGs, you could try that too. It has not been officially screened or approved by sparkol but some users have given it positive feedback.

-Mike(videoscribe user)

• Thanks a lot for your reply Mike. I was trying to avoid the svg method since I'm not very good with design software and instead of just endorsing a third party software, Sparkol should really implement the language support. 

I'll give it a try, but not as a happy person. 

• Due to I find out software to create a friendly presentation. I think this software is very easy to use but I have a problem with Thai fonts.  Do you have any updates on the Thai font issue? How soon can we expect support for the Thai language?

• We have added a few extra character sets since this post originated but Thai is not one of them. Don't forget to like the original post if this is something is want to see as that counts as a vote.

• Almost 5 years from the original post and still no Thai?

• Hello Everyone, 

We've been working on a major update to text and fonts over recent months and are getting close to supporting Thai! 

As this is a significant change and a long standing request we want to be sure we are doing things right. We're looking for a small group of beta testers who are native speakers to put the new version to the test. You will be asked to provide us feedback so we can ensure it works well before we release it formally to the whole community. 

Does this sounds like something you would be interested in? If so, please email beta@sparkol.com telling us why you want be involved and we'll pick a few lucky people from the applicants we receive.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!

• Finally, videoscribe worldwide font problem is solved

https://youtu.be/rBthrK1gtK4

• This looks encouraging, Yungki. Are you going to be able to share this solution soon? 

• We've released v3.6 of VideoScribe this morning which has some big changes to fonts and text, Thai is not fully supported yet but this change makes it quicker and easier to add new languages going forward. 

If this is something you would still like to see please comment in our new What languages and fonts would you like to see? forum.

Login to post a comment