white lines on writing

• Hi,

I have created a rather long video with text being erased and written over in the same place again and again.

In the beginning of my video there are white "disturbances" (I don't know how to call it) on the writing. Later they vanish. I have included a picture so you can see, what I am talking about.

Does anybody have any idea, what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Melanie

png
  • Hi Melanie,

Sorry you have this issue.

VideoScribe does allow you to layer images and text however if you layer over 20 images and text on each other you may get this happening.

The only work around at present would be to use less layers.

A quick workaround would be to create separate copies of this scene and layer some images on these scenes and ensuring you do not go over 20 layers.

• Hi Joe,
    thanks for your quick answer.
    I moved 3 or 4 layers out and it works now.

Now I have two more questions to help me resolve this issue:

1. If I copy the scene and split it in half, is there a way to move from the first to the second seamlessly? I never get the camera position completely right again. I'd rather my pupils not see the switching-out-part.

2. I assume it wouldn't help to try and morph the lower scribble layer out when I don't need them anymore because they are covered by the upper layers?

• Hi Melanie,

You can set camera positions quite easily.

If you have  an item and you have set the camera position for it and you want other images to have this position, double click on this item in the timeline.

You will notice the camera moves to this position, now you just have to single click on the other item you want to have this position and select the set camera button.

this will ensure both items have the same camera position.

1. In version 2.2.4 you can use the guidelines for your scribes to align the scenes. Click to the left or top of the canvas (were you see the grid marks) and you can drag lines onto the canvas. This will help you line up different scenes. It may take a bit of practice at first but they are very helpful. I would also advise using the up,down,left,right arrows when moving multiple objects to keep them inline with scenes.

2.A handy trick to switch between scenes would be to add an image to the canvas, go into the image properties, use the blank/no hand option, change to 0% solidity, 1 sec draw time and 0 pause and transition time.

Once you have done this, you can make copies of this element and use them to scroll to different scenes using the camera setting advice I posted above.

This tutorial has some helpful advice on setting cameras.

I have also attached an example scribe file using all these techniques.

• Hi Joe,
    thank you very much for your help. I'll try out everthing and get back to you if I need more help.

• Hi Joe,
    it almost worked perfectly, but I still have a slight offset when changing to the next scene - I didn't get the perfect camera-angle even though I moved everything with the arrow keys.
    I would need to go just a tiny little bit lower with the camera angle.
    Now I learned that I can move with the arrow keys, make larger steps with shift+arrow. Is there a way to make smaller steps, too?

• Hi Melanie,

Thanks for getting back.

If you are zoomed in to objects the arrow movements are much more sensitive so if you can try zooming in a bit to make the movements smaller.

As long as you make a note of what zoom level you were originally at before you can return to that zoom level later.

Login to post a comment