SVG images created in CorelDraw X7 coming up solid black

• Hello - I'm new to both VS and CorelDraw. I just saved a 3 layer CorelDraw sketch as an SVG, but when imported into VS it is all solid black. I've seen this problem/solution mentioned with Adobe Illustrator, but not CorelDraw.

My CorelDraw X7 SVG save options look like this:

Help me, Obi-Wan, etc. I have an impending deadline and I'm trying to teach myself both software packages by the end of the week.

• Hi,
    Check out the AI settings in the following thread and match them as best you can in  Corel:

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000060941

(probably just need to change svg 1.1 to svg 1.o, and change unicodeUTF-8 to SVG)

Hope that helps,
    -Mike(videoscribe user)

• Hi Eric,

We do not use Corel draw here but a similar effect happened in Adobe Illustrator if you has CSS settings set a certain way.

My guess is from the screen shot of the save options, you may need to change the styling options from what they currently are.

• Thanks, guys. I ended up exporting to an SVG and changing the "Styling Options in the save as dialogue box to "Presentation Attributes." That solved THAT problem, but now I have an issue with the sketch rendering, which I'll post under a different subject.

Login to post a comment