Images going blank

• My images keep going blank when I adjust the pause and transition. I have raised a ticket, but wanted to see if anyone here had any help? I have tried upgrading to the current version and going back to old versions. 

It seems this problem keeps getting worse. I even opened up old completed videos and it shows about every other frame blank. 

??? Anyone had this issue?

• Hi,

disappearing in the timeline or on the canvas?

Could be a memory problem or could be oversized images being scaled down too much.

For your support ticket, make sure you save the scribe (work file) online and tell support the name of it so they can look at it.

Various things can cause that symptom. You may have maxed out the memory limit of videscribe (about 1.2 or 1.7 GB from what I have read) with one or more of the following: oversized image files, or extremely high quality settings, or excessive camera movements, or excessive zoom settings, or too many installed fonts or scribes longer than about 15 minutes...

saving your scribe and restarting videoscribe might free up a little extra memory and allow you to keep working but you will probably need to identify and address the cause(s) before the problems come back.

Instant Answer: crashing-and-freezing-videoscribe-free-pro-and-edu (and other problems)
    community thread: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks Mike!

The original video is about 1:60. At one point I had it all put together, but the final frame. It would not take the final frame without making it go blank.  I since have started over in hopes that it was a bug in that scribe file. ( it was my last resort.) The new scribe file, I did not even get half way through it and started having the same issue. 

Iam starting with the .svg file and overlaying the .png to add color in the end. (something I have done in multiple videos.) 

The images are disappearing on both the timeline and canvas. On the timeline, I just get a bright Cyan image. I have attached the scribe file. 

Thanks! 

-Austen

(1.47 MB)
  •  I'll look at it if I get some free time tonight.

Those cyan shapes are mentioned in the second thread that I linked above. display anomalies like that tend to be related to memory usage problems in my experience.

By the file size of the whole scribe I doubt if there is a problem with the image file sizes and the length should be fine too. However I'm gonna make a guess that there are some zoom problems involved (like images going lower than about 20% or higher than about 1000% zoom) that are maxing out the memory. I'll let you know if I have a chance to look into it before support helps you.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Austin,

Sorry you have this issue.

I had a look at the scribe and can see that the images although small in size themselves were using a lot of memory when drawing in preview mode.

I exported and resaved all the images and the memory usage has dropped.

Below is a screenshot of the settings I used to save them.

I have also attached the edited scribe. Are you able to try this one out and let me know if the same thing happens?

Login to post a comment