Publishing Video

• Hi,

I have tried many times to publish my video into YouTube account but it keeps telling me to check my internet connection. I have tried to publish the video from several different places like my office, the school library, as well as from my home but always I get the same error message. I needed to turn in the project last week but asked my professor to give me an extension and the date has far passed by now.what should I do to successfully uploading the video file onto YouTube? Thanks!

1 person has this question
  • Hi Nana,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you're having an issue.

VideoScribe advises 'For some reason we cannot upload your video to YouTube. Check your internet connection and try again.'

If you get this error message, you will need to set up your channel profile on your YouTube account:

Select ‘My channel’

Complete the profile set up

You may need to verify your account under channel status.

Your channel is now ready for uploads from VideoScribe

• Thank You Joe for answering back. I've tried that countless times and it is still not working. Is it possible for you to do it for me? The video upload itself takes nearly two hours from perfectly fine wifi connections. 
  • Hi,

1) If you are a pro member, be sure to try saving the video to your computer as an MOV and then uploading manually to youtube through your web browser.

2) I think I read in another thread that a person was only able to upload one video to youtube and then could not upload another until they made a new channel.

similar to this thread that you may want to read: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000032511

3) My other guess is that your scribe has some problems that are causing it to max out the memory usage (1.2 or 1.6 GB for videoscribe I think) TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

4) If you want support to look at it for you, be sure to save the work file online and tell them the name of it. (don't share your login info or any other private info here in the public forum though)

Good luck!
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• For some reason, it saved as a playlist so YouTube won't accept the file. This is what it said when I tried to upload the video manually. "the .wpl file is a playlist, not an actual video file."

• videoscribe does not (cannot) produce a .WPL file. Maybe you tried to upload the wrong file?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Nana,

Let me convert this to a support ticket for you so one of the team can take a look for you. If you save the file to your online cloud folder and add the name of the scribe to the ticket we can take a look. We also have a YouTube account we could publish this too for you, mark as unlisted and send you a direct link.

Regards

Barry

Sparkol Support Team 

• Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your help and explaining each steps to upload the video. It was really helpful and I have successfully uploaded my scribe onto YouTube. I just needed to save my scribe under a video folder which I skipped and wasted an hour for it to load then realize my mistake. Anyway, Thanks so much for your help!

• Glad that worked for you! Thank you for posting your results!

(In general videoscribe should also be able to render directly to youtube as you were originally trying to do... but sometimes people run into more problems with that method, so saving to your hard drive first can be a good workaround.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment