Public videos on instagram

• Hello! A friend of a friend of mine inserted a one minute movie made by the video scribe on instagram. How can I do the same?

Thanks

• You can publish your scribe as a video file and then upload to Instagram. You would need to check what video file types Instagram supports. From VideoScribe as a Pro subscriber you can export as AVI, WMV, MOV and via sho.co, MP4.

How to render and share scribes.

• How do you upload a videoscribe video onto Instagram. How do you convert a videoscribe video into a format  that actually fts on the instagram screen.  How is this not available.

• Below is taken from help.instagram.com.

How do I upload a post as a portrait or landscape?

Once you've selected a photo or video from your phone or tablet's photo library, you can choose to share it as a portrait or landscape instead of a square:

1. Tap to switch the photo from a square to a portrait or landscape.
    2. You can touch the screen to move the photo and adjust how it fits within the frame. Use the grid to help you frame the photo.
    3. Tap Next to apply effects or a filter.

Once you share it, the photo or video will appear as a portrait or landscape in Feed. You can share photos and videos with aspect ratios between 1.91:1 and 4:5.

Note: In grid view on your profile, photos shared as a portrait or landscape will appear as a center-cropped square.

• (removed my previous post and uploaded an edited version)

Videoscribe free trial users cannot save videos directly to their hard drives. Videoscribe users with paid subscriptions can save MOV, WMV and AVI files and can save mp4 files by publishing to sho.co and then downloading the mp4 file. Follow Instagram's requirements for size, format and framerate. Follow instagram's instructions for uploading.

Link: Upload photos or videos to Instagram

Link: IGTV video requirements

Link: How to upload video to IGTV

Maybe an instagram user can comment about whether instagram will rotate a video or simply crop off the sides if it is too wide. I think that the instructions mentioned above result in cropping.

Based on some tutorials I have watched, you can upload a landscape video to instagram and you will be able to watch it full screen with your phone turned sideways, but if you hold your phone upright, the sides of the video will be cropped off during playback.

If you want to go the extra mile and create a portrait video, instead of a landscape video, you will probably need to create your whole project sideways (rotate all elements 90 degrees clockwise) in videoscribe and then use a video editing program to rotate the video 90 degrees counterclockwise to make it "portrait".

Again, these are assumptions and suggestions that I have made based on what I have read. If you are an instagram user please feel free to test them and post your results!

-Mike (videoscribe user)
  • i am having an issue getting my videos into 6:9 for IGTV. Tried making the scribe sideways and then rotate it in other software. You'd think that videoscribe would add canvass control as an export feature

• However there is a trick for Instagram IGTV videos 9:16 

1. what you can do is use video scribe sideways like turn the whole pc/laptop screen sideways vertically

2. create a video as usual  bit tricky bt yeah the end result is when you post to igtv the whole screen covers up with the video instead of usual small cropped screen

3. when the project is complete export as usual and just use 3rd party apk inshort or premier pro and jus rotate the screen 90 

4. so now you have is a animated white board explainer with ratio 9:16

Enjoy!!