Feature requests: support for IPA (phonetic alphabet) fonts; insert video (VS-3557)

• Hi,

I haven't subscribed to Videoscribe as as far as I know it does not allow me to use phonetic transcript fonts, or insert video files. Pity! I know there are workarounds but these will be very time consuming. Any possibility of these features being included in the near future? 

2 people like this idea
  • I have created a task for our development team to implement support for IPA (phonetic alphabet) fonts. This does not guarantee that this feature will be selected for development; it will be down to the project leader to decide and there are many issues/features for them to choose from and many criteria they use to decide what to tackle.

What may help in moving the task up the priority list would be for this feature to receive 'likes' from other users by clicking on the 'Do you like this idea?' link beneath the original post. The number of 'likes' that an idea/feature gets on the forum contributes to the decision making process when selecting tasks for development.

• I have actually purchased Videoscribe but can not still use it as long as I can't use IPA fonts.

Isn't it possible to upload an IPA font? Or is there any workaround to help me with this?

• The help article Write with non-Western text characters describes how to create text as an SVG image that will draw in VideoScribe. This same technique can be used to create SVG images of IPA text.

• I have the same problem. I'm an English teacher and it is paramount for me to be able to use the IPA fonts. I sent an email. 

I've seen that these posts are from 3 years ago. Has there been any update on the issue?

Thanks

Login to post a comment