gradient B&W squares on transition

• As you can see in the rendered film capture, some of the SVG will disapear while transitioning, showing a degrade square (example "#3" on the 3rd left pannel, made exactly the same as #1 and #2), while others made the same way will not.
    it's a transparent png with a mask in illustrator saved as a svg.

Also, directly imported images (transparent png) become grey squares during transitions.
    any ideas why this is happening?

• You are probably scaling images down to a size that is too small for your current image quality/size setting.

When you import an image at a higher setting and then scale it small you may start to encounter visual bugs.

Do one or more of the following:

1) decrease your image quality/size setting and delete/re-import the image

or

2) add extra blank space in your png image  and delete/ reimport it

or

3) add a transparent filled ellipse to your SVG to make the image size larger, then delete/reimport it

or

4) combine some of the smaller images into one larger image then delete/reimport them

or

5) scale the problematic images larger

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thank you, Mike, for your reply.

Do you know if there is a ratio of size i can use as reference for avoiding these bugs?

• I think I usually have my image quality setting at about 2000 or lower.

If any image is going to be smaller than about 1/10 the height of the canvas, I usually use tip 2,3, or 4 mentioned above out of habit.

Those are just rough numbers though. Someone else may have more specific suggestions.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I also use standard 2000 for image quality.
    so probably any small image should sit on a 200px PNG.

sometimes it's hard to place a small image exactly where you want it when the image size is way bigger than the actual drawing, since the corners become off-screen.

i'll try and implement that ratio as a standard and see if i have any more incidents.

thank you for your help

Pedro Alves

www.toonstudio.pt

• Hi,

(I mentioned 1/10 of the screen height but not 1/10 of the image quality setting, if that's how you came up with 200px)

The image size does not have to be way bigger than the actual drawing.  Twice as big as the tiny images should probably be sufficient I think.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment