Screen Zoom out after play (RR-1289)

• Before upgrading to version 3.3 I would interactively edit, play, tweek, edit, play etc. without loosing the sceen or zoom level and positioning. Now, after the upgrade to 3.3, after each play, the app zooms out to the entire canvas....requiring a manual set of zooming in and scrolling back to where I was working. Help, as I would classify this as a user hostile function that has been added. 

Thanks for any input or advice.

3 people have this question
  • Hi,

Make sure that the "zoom at end" option is disabled on the playback screen.

If you think that is not the solution for the problem, you could uninstall version 3.3.1 and reinstall the version you were previously using.

• Mike...first...thanks for the quick response....can you point me to the magical 'Zoom at End' button. I see set camera, clear camera, zoom all, and an set of two overlapping eyes that seem to always be grayed out, but cant find that magical 'Zoom at End'. Point this location would be great.

Thanks - Bruce

• OK...Found Zoom at end, which seems to be only visible once you are already playing the video. And, either checking this or unchecking this always zooms back out. Note I am pausing the video mid stream to make edits. Minute you stop the video...bam...zoom out all.

• This is a bug in the latest version of VideoScribe (3.3) and it is with our development team for fixing. The camera is zooming out when you stop the preview or after the preview finishes whether or not the 'Zoom at end?' checkbox is checked.

If this is making using the software difficult for you, you can revert to the previous version. You will need to uninstall the current version first (this will not affect any of your saved work). The previous version can be downloaded from https://www.videoscribe.co/en/download (scroll to the bottom of the page).

• Matthew, is there any news on this? I have the same issue.

Do you know of a workaround, such as a setting in the Windows registry that I can change?

Thanks, Stefan

• I think he mentioned the workaround:

"If this is making using the software difficult for you, you can revert to the previous version. You will need to uninstall the current version first (this will not affect any of your saved work). The previous version can be downloaded from https://www.videoscribe.co/en/download (scroll to the bottom of the page)."

• Mike,

Will the next update fox the bug. I cannot fathom that the intent was to zoom out after every last time anyone plays a scene. The workaround (reverting to the prior version works fine)...but looses any benefit of the update.

regards - Bruce

• I don't know about the next update. I generally opt for the last stable version instead of the very newest version which might have bugs that bother me.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I've linked this forum to the bug on our developers board so we will let you know when an update is released with a fix. 

• Hi. I am just adding a comment so I  should get a notification if you update this topic when this bug is fixed.

• Also adding a comment to get notification of a fix.  Because this bug is driving me nuts :-). Thanks!

• Noticed that the to ways to get back to the camera position you want were not posted on this thread so just posting here just incase anyone needs them. 

Option 1 - From the canvas, right click on the element you would like to focus on select the 'View Camera' option.

Option 2 - Select an element on the timeline that you want to focus on. This will highlight it in the timeline and you can use the below button the timeline quick menu to jump to the view of that element/scene.

• Yes, would like notification too. 

• Chiming in to say that this is a problem for me as well. 

Effectively if i'm inserting a new element into a pre-existing scribe, i used to be able to pause/stop the animation at the camera positioning I want to set for the new object, and just click 'Set Camera to Current Position" - since the scribe was paused and retained the camera position setting of all of the surrounding, already laid out elements, this would mean the new element now uses the exact same camera position.

Another user mentioned that you can do the same thing by selecting an element that has the same camera settings applied to it that you want to apply to your new element, right-clicking the element in the scribe and selecting "view camera" to force the camera to that element's setting (note: right-clicking the element in the timeline does not give me this option on Mojave). This achieves the same end goal but it would be nice to have it be a little more intuitive than that, as inserting new elements into an already-established scribe is a fairly common revision that I deal with.

Login to post a comment