How best to select and move small elements

• are there tips to select and move small elements, esp images? i find that it's hard to do this. after i've selected an image, if i click within the element's box, i often de-select it, or i end up rotating it

1 person has this question
  • For easy horizontal and vertical movements, click the thumbnail image at the bottom of the screen to select the image, and then use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move it.

For smaller, more precise movements, select the image then use the + icon on the screen to zoom in. If you zoom in enough, you should be able to click and drag the image without touching the rotation or scale handles.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Also, there might be bugs related to this in the newest version, so you could try using a slightly older version of videoscribe if you are experiencing unexpected difficulties.

• Thanks for tip using the arrow keys. But I still can't grab the element with my mouse (trackpad). I'm using a Mac as well. 

Any ideas?

• click on the element in the "film strip" along the bottom, then use the arrow keys to move it. that works for me

• Thanks Steve. Yes that works for me as well and seems to be the only option at this point. 

Login to post a comment