Where's is my video file?

• Hello,

I made a video (it took 3 hours for videoscibe to create it) and saved it (as  .avi ) on my pc (windows 10) but i canot find the file.

Is it not supposed to be on the desktop?

Thanks

•  When you export a video, videoscribe allows you to designate the location of the file (although it is NOT as intuitive as a regular windows or mac save screen.

If I recall correctly, you can start the export procedure again and click the bottom text line on the save window, to see what folder is currently designated as the save location. Then cancel the export process and look there for your video.

If your video failed to save for some reason, that requires further troubleshooting.

Another option is to search your hard drive for the file name which is probably the same as your project file name.

-MIke (videoscribe user)

• Hello

I have done all that. I've tried to change the location, making a file on purpose on my desktop.

I tried to stop the rendering, as you suggest (if i undstand you correctly), then look in the file if there is, at least, an unfinished video file.

Nope!

I had also tried the second option (in fact it was the very first thing i tried) aka search on my hard disk if the file was somewhere... found nothing.

Its very frustrating.

Please, somebody HELP!

• Hello,

I have tried all that. Making a folder on purpose on my desktop, then trying to save there. Abborting the rendering, as you suggest (if i understantd you correctly) and look there if there was, at least, an unfinished video file.

Nope.

Of course i had a look on my hard disk, using Agent Ransak, to see if my first  videofile was elsewhere. Nothing!

It's very frustrating. :-/

Please, somebody, HELP!

•  1) You should probably save your project online and raise a ticket to contact customer support.

2) I seem to remember a bug preventing videos from saving if the video file name contained any unusual characters. Make sure your file name contains only letters and numbers.

3) Search your whole hard drive for any large video files created in the last few days. Videoscribe renders to a temporary location first, then moves the finished file to the destination directory (unless the functionality of the program has changed). The file name might be something random so search by file type and date. It would be in a subfolder of videoscribedesktop folder I think.

4)You may also want to make a separate project with just 1 image and render it to see if videoscribe can save the video successfully to your desktop.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks Mike, it appear that my problem is linked to the Zoom (1% zoom) so its too much for the memory i guess. I will do a new topic so it will be easier to find the solution for those that will have the same problem in the futur.

2) I seem to remember a bug preventing videos from saving if the video file name contained any unusual characters. Make sure your file name contains only letters and numbers.

-> So no underscore_allowed?

• Well in fact it was because of the underscore!

Many thanks Mike

Problem solved!

•  YAY! Thanks for sharing your results! That's a weird restriction for the program to have. I'm going to make a suggestion thread for them to fix that.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment